After a tough 1-1 draw between Vancouver and New England, the Whitecaps got back to training and conditioning today.
News from today:
- Shea Salinas had an injury set-back today and will not be on the trip after being included in the 18 man roster last night
- Terry Dunfield still limping from his groin strain and is unlikely to make the trip
- John Thorrington picked up a new injury on his calf and may not travel with the team.
- Gershon Koffie is suspended
So, the Whitecaps have a dilemma in the centre midfield. Kevin Harmse will most likely start in the middle and could play with either Chiumiento, Khalfan or Thorrington (if he can play) and even Alain Rochat potentially.
Camilo and Harris are almost guaranteed to start as the forwards.
- Jay DeMerit will travel with the team and could start on Sunday if not make a substitute appearance.
- Greg Janicki is unlikely to make the trip. He did not train today and is still limping noticeably.
Russell Teibert is back with the squad and will travel to Houston. He will likely start Left Midfield.
Omar Salgado will meet the team in Houston and could be included in the 18 man roster.
Jay Nolly should start in net.
If there is no Thorrington, Dunfield or DeMerit, look to Alain Rochat to captain the Whitecaps side on Sunday.